Spectacular Quinta in Marvão
Amazing quinta in beautiful Alentejo
You will find this property in the lovely and authentic Alto Alentejo region, in a truly unique setting in the midst of the natural reserve park of Serra de São Mamede, close to the beautiful town of Castelo de Vide. Imagine breath-taking views up to 100 miles over rolling hills, with lots of olive trees and cork oaks, with lakes and enormous granite rocks, reaching far into Spain, with the medieval castle of Marvão as your neighbour.
This outstanding property is a unique family home, very well suited for permanent living, while extended family members and other guests can be perfectly accommodated in the guest house. The Quinta also makes the absolutely perfect second home, where you can spend your fantastic holidays with friends and family in an exclusive environment far away from the daily hustle.
The Quinta consists of 2 completely remodelled buildings. The large, main building contains 3 complete houses/apartments (with a total of 401 square meters!): 2 large apartments for 4 persons each, and an independent 2-persons studio. This main building has its own cascading, infinity swimming pool, of 90 m2with a terrace and lovely pergola which offers an incredible view over the gardens that reaches far into Spain.
The set-up of this building is cleverly done: the future owner can easily connect the apartments into one big family home with lots of space, or live in one of the apartments and use the other 2 apartments for guests. The latter setting is ideal when running a bed & breakfast or boutique hotel.
Guest house About 100 meters from the main house you’ll find the guest house (140 sqm.) which sleeps 4 persons. This independent house has its own swimming pool and terraces, offering full privacy. The views from the house and its terraces over the valley and the Marvão castle are truly spectacular.
Set-up: entree, living, large open kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, storage room and barn. Magnificent pool (50 sqm.) with terrace.
The 12 hectares terrain contains lots of olive trees, cork oaks and several species of fruit trees. All houses and apartments of the Quinta are fully restored in an authentic way and equipped with modern facilities.
In short: a truly amazing property. Both in terms of its unique location in the natural reserve park of Serra de São Mamede as well as its beautiful and perfectly restored houses.
Price: € 1.300.000,=
This location is special! For centuries it was a hide-away for Portuguese noble families as this part of the Alentejo has its own micro-climate and is less hot and dry. Nowadays the valley and the nature reserve where this spectacular Quinta is nestled, is looked for by an international clientele. They love the excellent quality of life and the peace of the region: rich in culture, wine estates and with great restaurants. Close to the border, so within an hour you’ll find yourself indulging in the beautiful cities of Spanish Caceres and Badajoz.
- 4 living rooms
- 4 kitchens, of which 2 are ‘open kitchens’
- 7 bedrooms
- 5 bathrooms
- 1 cellar
- 1 barn
- 2 storage rooms
- Various terraces, some of which are roofed
- Total terrain 11.675 hectares
- Total build area 567 sqm.
Construction and technical remarks
- Completely remodelled and renovated in 2003-2004
- All houses are insulated (both walls and roofs) and have insulated glass
- Drinking water from well (tested, high quality water, from 95 meters deep well); various wells are interconnected for integrated water supply of pools and irrigation system
- 3×30 Amp. electricity system
- Wireless internet in all houses
- All houses are centrally heated via 2 diesel heating installations and via wood stoves/fire places
- The property can be reached via a private granite stone-way, the plot has two natural lakes and various terraces (1.100 sqm.) with a variety of local trees
- The property has authorization for both permanent living and renting out
- The current owner offers to sell the legal entity (limited or ‘limitada’ in Portuguese) which is managing the rentals
- Full interior can be acquired separately
- Possibility of expansion of built surface.