Quinta Fraguil – Stunning views over Douro Valley
Where modern comfort meets Portuguese charm + high income potential
Quinta Fraguil, Resende
Douro Valley, 45 min. from Lamego
Asking price: €1.275.000
Modern comfort I Traditional style I High ROI potential I Fully self-sufficient I Stunning views over Douro valley.
The new owners of Quinta Fraguil will step in to a property that is completely ready to move in, has a fully operational and efficient blue berry plantage, and offers various sources of income.
The amazing Quinta Fraguil (47.000 sqm. own land) is overlooking the Douro valley, offers stunning views and combines all the modern comfort you can think of with traditional Portuguese charm. On top of that, the quinta offers a proven high return of investment/ income potential and it is 90% self-sufficient.
Main house – Heated pool – Two apartments + two cottages
Main house + 2 adjacent apartments
An impressive entrance road will lead you through well maintained terraces with fruit trees, to the main house of the Quinta Fraguil. The house consists of a modern new build (upper floor) that is attached to a completely remodeled authentic stone house (lower part). An entrance hall with guest toilet, leads you into the direction of the master bedroom with ensuite bathroom and a second bedroom, also with an ensuite bathroom. At the other direction, you’ll find a large living room with an open-plan fully fitted kitchen, plus lounge/diner area, including a large island and breakfast bar. The living room with its large terrace has amazing views over the grounds of the quinta, over the Douro valley, all the way down to the river Douro.
From the living room a spiral staircase leads down to a comfortable apartment which consists of a hallway leading to a large double bedroom with a fully equipped bathroom, living room with fire place, open plan kitchen. This apartment has an outside area leading to pool terrace and another separate apartment.
This private apartment sleeps 2-4 people and has 2 floors. The hallway on the upper floor is leading to a double bedroom with stunning valley views, and a fully fitted bathroom.
Downstairs, you’ll find the living room and a kitchen diner. The outside patio of this apartment offers privacy and has a comfortable seating area and hot tub, a gas BBQ and private garden area. This apartment has a private entrance and its own car parking.
The main house including the adjacent apartments are all triple glazed and insulated, and equipped with central heating/air conditioning. Recently certified with A+ efficiency.
Pool and terrace
The beautiful garden of the main house and the apartments is low maintenance, has a patio area for dining with a bar. From here you will reach the pool area with a 8×4 meter saltwater swimming pool, with walk in cover that can be completely opened, an infrared electric sauna, a 6-person Jacuzzi, and gas BBQ.
Continuing the garden path, you’ll get into another garden and seating area with palm trees, avocado trees, olive tree and large rockery with cactus.
About the 2 cottages
Laurel cottage (Airbnb)
An open plan log cabin that sleeps 2-3 people running off a dedicated solar system, has its own water supply and water heating system.
Bathroom with shower (3.9m2), sink and toilet with valley views.
Double bedroom with wardrobe and drawers both with valley views
Open plan living room (28.09m2), kitchen diner (3.9m2) consisting of gas hob, free standing electric oven, built in cupboards with microwave, fridge/freezer.
Living area with sofa bed, with new programmable efficient pellet burner and Tv and stereo system leading out to a covered veranda (12.19m2)
Outback Cottage (Airbnb)
The same design as the Laurel cottage. In the process or being built. Set in a very private area not over looked by anyone. Private garden and parking.
Proven return on investment/ income potential
This property has a high ROI (return on investment) and offers a high potential income.
- The main source of income of Quinta Fraguil is a highly productive blue berry plantage. Over 3300 blue berry plants in various varieties and all of top quality, deliver 1750+ kilos of blue berries yearly. The income will increase in the coming years as the plants are relatively new.
- Depending on how you will use the quinta and your family setup, this quinta has 4 fully independent apartments / lodges available for short or long term rental. Currently one studio and one lodge are listed and are bringing in extra income.
- At the highest level of the terrain over 300+ majestic chestnut trees are overlooking the quinta. Apart from offering an impressive and charming ambient, the income potential is also great as the chestnuts (castanhas!) are of high quality and a very popular (export) produt in Portugal.
90% energy sufficiency
The quinta is almost fully self sufficient and generates and stores its own energy via highly efficient solar and wind energy technology. The Quinta has been 90% self-sufficient for electricity. The main system consists of 4 connected solar systems, and has a potential to produce about 15.000 kWh a year. It is currently in the process of being upgraded to take a 3kWh wind turbine.
– Engine room: solar systems, 800 liter hot water system to feed the lodge, lower and upper apartments of the main house.
– 1000 liter cold water system and pool filtration system.
– There is the base for a camper van site with views overlooking the River Douro
– The quinta has 2 electric gates, one just off the main road and another up near the farm house which creates a safe private court
– There are 2 irrigation pump houses on the property + a 240k liter steel tank
– A bore hole and a water stream
– An automatic irrigation system
– A concrete pump house which takes 99.9% of its water from a natural stream but has the facility to obtain water from the bore hole in case of an extremely dry season.
– An additional dry covered storage area
– A large barn containing all the farms equipment including tractor, 4×4 lawn mower, has an area set aside as a workshop.
Additional Available fruits:
30 Orange trees, 20 full trees and 10 dwarf variety. 10 lemon trees. 49 cherry trees, red and white varieties. 8 plum trees. 4 apple trees. 9 nectarine trees. 11 peach trees. 24 olive trees. 10 pear trees. 6 nashis trees. 2 mulberry trees. 2 avocado trees. 10 fig trees. 2 loquats. 2 Japanese strawberries. 3 kiwi plants. 1 hazelnut tree and 1 walnut tree
Asking price: €1.275.000
Full information regarding the property, its grounds, and the business is available upon request.
Sqm. build area
Highly energy sufficient
The quinta is almost fully self sufficient and generates and stores its own energy via highly efficient solar and wind energy technology
Overlooking the majestic Douro Valley
High ROI and Income Potential
3 separate income sources: blue berries, toursim and agro-business